Last Sunday I officially made the decision to permanently join NW Church as a worship intern. This of course meant that I had to tell the FACC kids that I was leaving. As much as I don't like how things are being run at FACC and Souled Out, the truth is that Souled Out has been in my life for 10 years and no matter what they will always be my second family. Because of how I feel about Souled Out today, I could have easily just have jumped ship to NW without telling a soul that I was leaving, but I would lose their respect and that's something I don't want happening.
Anyway, that night before Souled Out was officially over, I told Souled Out the situation and said that I would be starting my tenure at NW Church on the first week of May. I also explained that originally I was slated to start in the middle of April, but I wanted to be a part of one last Youth Sunday before I left, which will be on the last week in April.
But does anyone care? FTMP, No.
Jason was all set to make everyone leave before I said my piece, but then he decided to say some tedious bullshit that I'm pretty sure no one even remembers. Hell, I don't, mostly cause none of it was related to me. It wasn't even one of those, "just because one person is leaving doesn't mean that we're gonna fall apart" speeches he does almost every week during worship practice. Jason just always wants the last word in EVERYTHING.
As a matter of fact what I was supposed to do was tell Souled Out during Highs And Lows, but we were not able to do that cause he decided that other people's are not as important as watching a CollegeHumor prank from Streeter to Amir. Then the rest of Souled Out we did a half assed attempt at trying to get ready for Youth Sunday. I am delaying my move to NW because of Souled Out's biggest day of the year and we're gonna half ass it?
Something tells me I should have just started at NW mid April if I knew that Youth Sunday was gonna end up like every Youth Sunday under Jason's administration: half assed and unmemorable.
It seemed that out of everybody that was there for Souled Out, the only people that even talked about me leaving were the Twins. You guys who follow my blogs on BlogSpot and MySpace know that I have major issues with the Twins, Paulo in particular. But what I do respect out of them is that they actually remember that I have dedicated 10 years of my life to FACC and Souled Out. Jason, Errol, and the Alcantaras seem to be completely oblivious to that. The Twins and I have grown up together all those years and even though we may have problems with the way we do certain things, each of us shows compassion for every major decision we make. When we talked about the move that day, even for a short time, I actually felt some sort of level of respect was given to me, something I have never been given in a while by anyone from Souled Out.
The Twins know when respect is due and I appreciate it.
But the fact that Jason decided to leave my leave as a backthought, that was wrong. When I stepped up to be the leader while he and his brother went to NY, All I got was a simple thank you the day he came back. I actually had to get him to say it that day. Then during practice, he doesn't even recognize that I took up the leader spot for him those two weeks. He just goes on saying more tedious bullshit nobody ever remembers. Him passing over me leaving for NW is IMO absolutely unacceptable and I will not tolerate something of that magnitude to be left alone.
Maybe I should have just left. Judging by the mindsets of the kids at Souled Out I would be forgotten by the day after Youth Sunday anyway, no matter how long I poured my heart out for these kids all these years.
Psalm 98:4,
Kuya Billy
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment