What. The . Fuck?
Normally I would not swear when I'm writing a blog that's religious in nature, but in this situation, it's completely worth it. Souled Out is going down the gutter.
Today is the first day of Daylight Savings Time for 2009. This means that we set our clocks one hour ahead. As a result, we lose an hour of sleep and for us Filipinos, because we don't think about resetting our clocks, we always miss certain events. Church today was a good example. I will let this slide.
But having Souled Out around this period was absolutely ridiculous. To add to our pain, Jason, our leader wasn't even there. Said he was sick or something. Then why the hell do we gather what's left of our dying group and stick us back in a building for barely even 2 hours?
We did some boring ass game, did highs and lows when no one was paying attention (and everytime it comes to me I always demand people's attention. Call me an attention whore, but what's the point of talking if no one is listening?), watched some weird movie (whaich was pretty interesting, but had nothing to do with Jesus, which is why we go to Souled Out), prayed and ate. All pretty much within the course of 45 min. Where is Jesus in all of this?
If you think about this, Sha Sha lives in Everett and every week she wastes her gas to bring herself and her little brother to Souled Out. Tonight I seriously felt her pain, because everything she did basically said " I drove 20 miles for THIS???"
Think about visitors (or lack thereof). Is that the kind of image we want to portray?
I think it's time I call it quits. I've had enough of this ridiculous circus act we call a Youth Group. Unless we turn something around, I'm out.
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment